hhcu support

Forums

Neigh-Bours | Where everybody knows your Neigh :: Forums :: Media: Horse books, movies & DVDs :: Horse movies

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
The Man from Snowy River (1982)
Moderators: Neigh-Bours, DayleRobyn, Meryl, Oryx Internet
Author Post
Neigh-Bours
Mon Oct 19 2009, 09:54AM

Registered Member #1

Jim Craig has lived his first 18 years in the mountains of Australia on his father's farm. The death of his father forces him to go to the low lands to earn enough money to get the farm back on its feet. Kirk Douglas plays two roles as twin brothers who haven't spoken for years, one of whom was Jim's father's best friend and the other of whom is the father of the girl he wants to marry. A 20 year old feud re-erupts, catching Jim and Jessica in the middle of it as Jim is accused of letting a prize stallion loose.

Click here to see info on the sequel, Return to Snowy River

buy.png
Buy it online (SA) here: http://www.loot.co.za/product/george-miller-the-man-from-snowy-river/dcrd-923-g170?referrer=neighboursza

_manfromsnowyriver.jpg

[ Edited Fri Aug 09 2013, 09:27AM ]

----------------------
www.neigh-bours.co.za
Where everybody knows your neigh.
Huppelkind
Wed Dec 30 2009, 06:58AM

Registered Member #290
I watched this movie (and the sequel - Return to Snowy River) about two weeks ago. Loved it! I did prefer the sequel though - but these are just classic and the scenery beaitiful!

"To ride or not to ride?...What a stupid question!"
Femmy
Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:13PM
Registered Member #11258
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and couldn't wait for the sequel Return to Snowy River. The scenery is beautiful! It was my favourite movie for years!
Femmy
Mon May 01 2017, 08:38AM
Registered Member #11258

Absolutely loved this movie! I have watched it a couple of times. The photography is awesome! You become really immersed in the movie and especially Jim's life. The most exhilarating yet scary scene is when Jim rides straight done the steep mountain! Did not know that was possible. The stunning horse scenes were obviously my favourites.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF