hhcu support

Forums

Neigh-Bours | Where everybody knows your Neigh :: Forums :: Neigh-Bours Forums :: General Chat

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
New boxing innovation
Moderators: Neigh-Bours, DayleRobyn, Meryl, Oryx Internet
Author Post
Pedlar
Tue Oct 25 2011, 05:30AM

So, your horse doesn't like loading into a box... a solution, perhaps? Probably at a hefty price :)

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/310124.html

Picasso
Tue Oct 25 2011, 06:20AM

Registered Member #11614
Shiny.... However, I still think it's worth the money to get an expert out to help teach your horse to box if you can't manage it yourself. Having a horse that boxes well is just so fantastic. They can go in anything (when you'r enot luck y enough to own your own box) and they arrive at shows just so much more relaxed and calm.
Pedlar
Tue Oct 25 2011, 07:17AM
My thoughts too. My horse simply wouldn;t load. When I went to collect him at the track, he was loaded for me so I don't know what they did to him to get him in the box (2-berth and he was used to floats). By the time we got home (about 25mins) he was standing in a puddle of sweat. I was never able to get him into a box without a fight, argument and lots of frustrated tears until I moved to my current yard. My YO works closedly with Jenku Dietrichsen and after a few sessions of Clicker, he loaded without a problem and even trots up the ramp at times. He is definitly a happier horse with this method, and I have also used this in other stress situation.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF